----- Begin NetScrap(TM) -----
The Top Ten Lies Told by Graduate Students
10. It doesn't bother me at all that my college roommate is making
$80,000 a year on Wall Street.
9. I'd be delighted to proofread your book/chapter/article.
8. My work has a lot of practical importance.
7. I would never date an undergraduate.
6. Your latest article was so inspiring.
5. I turned down a lot of great job offers to come here.
4. I just have one more book to read and then I'll start writing.
3. The department is giving me so much support.
2. My job prospects look really good.
1. No really, I'll be out of here in only two more years.
----- End NetScrap(TM) -----
Entered on: 04/21/1998
Allegedly perpetrated by:
Copy and paste this into an email to a friend. We can make it easy for you. Mail
it off with the Netscrap(TM) MailTool.